Bizshark is proud to sponsor the Bizshark Startup Scholarship, an annual
contest for enterprising students who seek to further their education.
Submit your essay entry and win a $1,000 scholarship towards college.
Deadline: July 15, 2014
Read the Rules
Answer the Topic
Upload the Essay
Essay Rules & Regulations
- 1 Applicant must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- 2 Applicant may be an undergraduate majoring in business, management, account, or related fields OR a student pursuing a Master of Business Administration degree. However, students of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year or two-year college or university.
- 3 Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- 4 Essay must be no fewer than 1,000 words and no greater than 1,500 words.
- 5 One entry per applicant
- 6 Essay must be an applicant's own original work. Any plagiarized entries will result in immediate disqualification.
The winning essays will be judged on the following criteria: originality, style, creativity, and how persuasively the applicant presents his or her position. All entries will be reviewed — and the winning essay will be chosen by a panel of judges.
The writer of the winning essay will receive a one-time scholarship of $1,000 to be applied to the academic school year of 2014. The scholarship will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the accredited college or university of the winning applicant's choosing.
All entries must be entered through the official Bizshark Startup Scholarship Submission form on this page. No paper copy or emailed copy will be taken into consideration. Submissions must be uploaded in either Word Document or PDF format.
Current Bizshark employees or the immediate family of current Bizshark employees are not eligible for entry. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Applicants must either be an incoming college freshman for the fall 2014 academic semester or a current undergraduate or graduate student of any accredited two or four year college or university. To see if your school is eligible please see http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/search.aspx.
Personal information submitted to Bizshark will be used solely for the use of awarding the scholarship and no other function on Bizshark.com. Any data submitted will only be used for means of identifying the winner and will not be published on the site. Bizshark reserves the right to publish content from the submitted essays on our site. Should you not contact us by the target date or fail to enroll in an accredited college, Bizshark reserves the right to award the scholarship to the second place finalist.